I don't know how another two weeks have flown by. Nothing very blog-worthy has happened-just a blur of running from soccer, football, and swimming practices and games. Soccer has come to an end-Juan Carlos had the goal of the season last weekend as he headed the ball into the goal. Poor Pedro had the croup and missed a week of school but is doing better now.
The biggest event of the last two weeks is that I was released as a counselor in the Relief Society (woman's organization) at church and was put back in with the 8 and 9 year old Cub Scouts which is what I did last year from August through December and I loved it. It's grown a little since then-instead of three boys now we have nine.
I'm happy to be back with my den for many reasons:
1) Very few planning meetings
2) Three one-hour den meetings a month-you get a week off every month for pack meeting. We've got three adults-so we're each going to be in charge of ONE den meeting a month (totally manageable)
3) No den meetings over Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break
4) It's a great program with tons of ideas out there for help
5) I get to have fun with Juan Carlos who thinks it's awesome him mom is one of the leaders
6) 8 and 9 year old boys are super easy to please-not a lot of complaining if you put a little effort into your meetings
7) The program, which requires continual record keeping and advancement, fulfills my organizational needs to organize, plan ahead, and keep meticulous records.
This week we went to a local pumpkin patch.
I love my cubs!